header

header

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reverse Vinyl Wall Art

I have a black and white wall in my bedroom.  It is full of stuff that I have made that represent my husband and myself.  I had a space that I needed to fill and I had a frame that fit the space perfectly.  I didn't want to use a frame, though.  I already have several frames in the area.  I had an idea to use my Cricut and print something on a canvas.
I went to my craft closet to grab a canvas but I didn't have one.  I did, however, have this piece of mdf that was once the backing of a frame that I used in a different project.  It fit my space perfectly.  So exciting!  I love using otherwise useless stuff.

I found this lovely book while on vacation in Mustang Island, Texas.  It was in a souvenir shop on the beach and it was old, old, old.  I knew it would be perfect for a project someday and snagged it up for only a quarter!  Bonus!!

I used my decopage medium and glued the pages down in a random fashion.  Then, I used my Cricut and cut out our wedding date and stuck it to my board.
Then, I painted over the entire thing.  Once it was dry, I peeled the vinyl off and had my lovely piece of art.  I lightly sanded the entire thing and sanded a little rougher on the edges to give it more of a distressed look.

I love the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment