header

header

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Handmade flower wedding bouquet

My dear friend Tess called me to tell me that she was getting married!  But they were doing a very small ceremony under a tree in their hometown of Clarksville, Tennessee.  She told me she wanted my help in planning her small event.  Well, that's RIGHT up my alley.  I was so thrilled for my friend and so thrilled to be in on the helping!  She mentioned to me that she wanted to have a bouquet made of paper flowers, something sweet and different and that she could keep forever.

Hmmmm.....
Paper flowers?
That wasn't my vision for her lovely day.

She told me what colors she wanted and I asked her if I could just run with it.  She trusts me and I love her enough not to mess it up.

When I got to Tennessee, the first thing I did was bust out all of the flowers I'd been working on over the past few weeks.  She was thrilled.  We spend that night arranging them into this beautiful bouquet.  That was such a lovely evening of food and crafts with my dear friend.  This is the end result.  I adore it.  If it hadn't taken me 3000 years to make, I would put them in my Etsy shop.  Since it is so time consuming, my gorgeous friend has a one-of-a-kind creation to cherish forever.

We also made her necklace and her headpiece, and I photographed the whole event, but more on those later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment